Welcome to Saskatchewan Towards Offering Partnership Solutions (STOPS) to Violence! We are a provincial network of individuals and organizations from across Saskatchewan including community, government, public and private sectors. We share the common desire to reduce interpersonal violence and abuse and build active, creative and engaged communities where all people are safe and valued.
We celebrate the unique contribution of each person and recognize the experience, knowledge and resources that everyone brings. Through partnerships, we provide support, information and resources to communities across the province to foster healthy, resilient individuals and families and peaceful communities.
2016 Fall Member Gathering- October 13 & 14, 2016
Our agenda and registration is now available for the Fall 2016 STOPS to Violence Fall Gathering on October 13 & 14 at Wanuskewin Heritage Park. On our agenda are learning sessions from a number of groups including:
- Roots of Empathy
- National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls, Ministry of Justice
- Trauma Informed Practice, Greystone Bereavement Centre
- Rural and northern community response to intimate partner violence, Darlene Juschka, Women's and Gender Studies, U of R
- Make It Our Business: Addressing Domestic Violence in the Workplace
- Kids Matter
- Cyberviolence Project, Envision Counselling and Support Services
- And more of the valuable connecting, conversing and collaborating type stuff we do!